The St. Vasilios Scholarship Program
About the St. Vasilios Scholarship Program
Over sixty-five (65) years ago, a group of St. Vasilios women shared a common desire: that a scholarship be awarded to aid the deserving youth of the church in their pursuit of a college education. They knew that in order to do the most good, this money would not only have to help the current generation, but somehow meet the growing needs of the future. So when the first scholarship of $100.00 was established in June of 1956, it was with the understanding that their work was far from over. This marked the birth of the St. Vasilios P.T.A. Scholarship Program, which has granted approximately 1000 scholarships since its inception.
In just ten years, the scholarship grew to an impressive $500.00 dollars and by 1969 the program reached an important milestone with the award of the first annual $1,000.00 scholarship. Under the diligent guidance of Fr. Andrew Demotses, the selfless dedication of the parish and the tireless determination of the P.T.A. members, the scholarship program continued to grow. Today we honor the vision of those women who first established the St. Vasilios Scholarship by awarding thirty-six $1,000.00 scholarships, one $1,500.00 scholarship and one $2,500.00 scholarship to thirty-eight outstanding members of our church who intend to pursue a higher education. (Scholarship awards may be increased based on grant money available from Scholarship Endowment Fund)
* IMPORTANT CRITERIA *
Applicants must be of the Greek Orthodox faith,
- Applicants must be actively involved in their Orthodox faith,
One of whose parents (mother of father), must be a member in good standing (steward) of St. Vasilios Church for a minimum of the previous five (5) consecutive years.
* IMPORTANT DIRECTIONS TO FOLLOW *
- DOWNLOAD LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS & SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION SHEET
- ALSO APPROPRIATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS & APPLICANT INFORMATION FORM
- RETURN COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET TO CHURCH OFFICE BY MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2023 ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE CHURCH OFFICE AT 978-531-0777. SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE CONSIDERED BASED ON SATISFYING CRITERIA AND PROPERLY COMPLETED FORMS.
* SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION & FORM TO BE COMPLETED *
- 2023 List of Scholarships
- 2023 High School & Continuing College Students Information
- 2023 Scholarship Applicant Booklet Information Form
- 2023 Scholarship Application for High School Seniors
- 2023 Scholarship Application for Continuing College Students