Saint Vasilios Men's Club Scholarships
It is required that you have the Adobe Reader to view this document.
- Awards will be given both in the amount of $1,000.00.
- Applicants must be of the Greek Orthodox faith, one of whose parents, (mother or father), is a member in good standing of St. Vasilios Church for a minimum of five (5) years. Applicants must reside with the parent who is a member of St. Vasilios Church.
- Applicants must be attending a public or parochial high school or vocational school within the St. Vasilios community.
- The scholarship shall be awarded on the basis of PARISH INVOLVEMENT, FINANCIAL NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE AND SCHOLASTIC ACHIEVEMENT.
- APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED THAT THE QUALITY OF THIS INVOLVEMENT IN PARISH ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS WILL BE CONSIDERED THE MOST IMPORTANT CRITERION FOR SELECTION OF SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS. ACTIVE PARTICIPATION IN CHURCH PROGRAMS WILL BE USED TO HELP DETERMINE AWARDS.
- Applicants must submit the following with their applications:
- An official transcript of grades for four years
- A letter of recommendation from the principal, a guidance counselor or teacher concerning character, leadership, seriousness of purpose, and general scholastic achievement.
- A brief personal letter to the Scholarship Committee stating the applicant's reasons for applying for a scholarship awarded on the basis of need. This letter could include such information as plans for the future, special family circumstances, or any other similar information which the applicant feels makes him/her especially deserving, or will help the committee make its choice.
- Applicants must be accepted for admission to an accredited two-year associates degree program or trade school whose course of study either leads to the award of a degree or certification or currently enrolled as a first year student in such a program.
- No one applicant can be awarded more than one scholarship in any calendar year.
- The Scholarship Committee reserves the right to divide each scholarship among more than one recipient.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than April 3rd. Please mail the completed application to:
St. Vasilios Men's Club Scholarship Committee
C/O Anthony Maistrellis
5 Cosmos Drive
Peabody, MA o1960